Monday, September 18, 2017

A Couple of Little Projects

I needed to take a little break from from the ripple baby blanket that I had been working on.  I don't know what it is, but sometimes when I start a new project....I go like wild fire working on it and then I fizzle out and get bored and have to cast on another project with a quickness.

Sometimes a little project is just what I need.  A good friend of mine had a birthday while I was out of town, but I sent her a  card, so that she would know that I didn't forget her day.  When I got back home, I went out and got her a gift card, but I also wanted to give her something a little more personal.  So, I made her a cable gift card cozy/sweater.

It was a free pattern:  http://www.simplynotable.com/2011/gift-card-igans/ and  it was fun, quick knit.  I used some Lily's Sugar n Cream Cotton Yarn from my stash in her favorite color green.

Cables are so much fun.
 My friend loved the gift card cozy.

Next, I have a daughter and another friend that collect owls and when I saw this dishcloth on a dishcloth group's site, I had to get busy. Free Pattern: ( http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/owl-dishcloth.html )

The first dishcloth, I used Ecru (off-white) as per pattern colors and the second the dishcloth, I used white.

Left: Ecru.  Right:  White

Ecru background & Size 7 needles.

White background & Size 6 needles.


I really enjoyed knitting these and I have plenty of the contrasting colors to make at least 2 more dishcloths. And, I like how the stitches were more defined on the smaller needles.  Owls rock!   🦉

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Love the owl dishcloths. Intarsia requires more knitting skills. I'm with you about casting on a new project though I've been good lately about completing projects as I've joined a local knitting group that sorta keeps me accountable.

A Couple of Little Projects