Saturday, August 05, 2017

Yarn and More Yarn, Oh My!

Okay, so I said that I was going to try and use up some yarn in my humungous stash of yarn....Well....I couldn't help myself.

Last summer, I decided to eat healthier and to eat smaller portions.  I just wasn't comfortable in my own skin and I was so tired of my clothes not fitting properly and just the thought of buying clothes in the next size up was so depressing.

I've lost 33 lbs. and I now can knit something for myself in a smaller size...less yarn to buy!  Woot!  Woot!

This is why I need to finish my current WIP.

Christmas in July.....it's for real!

I saw this vest in a Mary Maxim catalog and I fell in love 💚!  It's knit from the top down and size 10 needles.  I think it'll be perfect for the Fall.



My 3 YO grandson wants a sweater or a hoodie.  He requested black, but I really don't enjoy knitting with black yarn, so I selected some Red Heart Yarn in Charcoal.  I'm still thinking and reviewing patterns for him.


As if I didn't already have enough things that I want to knit, I joined a couple of different knitting groups on Facebook and some people were already sharing some Christmas in July ideas.  When I saw this Santa's Wardrobe Garland  I just thought that it was the cutest thing.  Yes, I ordered the kit.



Then, I had to jump in all the latest fad of the Giant Cakes of yarn that create beautifully striped creations.  I also ordered some Sweet Rolls from Mary Maxim.

Sweet Rolls...no calories!

Last but not least, I can't knit all the time, can I?  Coloring for adults for a favorite past time these days, so I got a coloring book for me.


Tell me...how could I pass this up?  It was on sale, too.  Regularly $12, on sale for $4.

I think I'm set for knitting for the rest of the year and probably for 2018.  Happy knitting!


4 comments:

Joansie said...

Wow! That is quite the haul. Good for you. Where did you get the coloring book? I'm with you about knitting with black yarn. However, knitting in natural light helps. Can't wait to see all that you knit.

Patrikka said...

Just found your blog and love it. Congratulations on your weight loss, you will feel much better in your clothing. I love your stash and I too love colouring as an alternative to knitting. I am not a great knitter and go back to the time when sweaters had raglan sleeves - much easier to piece. You have inspired me to try again. You seem to like Mary Maxim, do you find prices are competitive? Thanks again and have a great day. Patricia, Mont Tremblant Canada

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Wow you cleaned up ! Cute cardigan ! Good shopping and we just love squishy mail.

Deb said...

Patrikka, so far I've had good experiences with Mary Maxim. Prices are usually the same or less than the store prices.
Patrikka, do you have knitting blog, too?

A Couple of Little Projects