Saturday, August 05, 2017

Need to Finish My Projects...

I really don't know if the internet is a good thing or a bad thing.  When I was growing up, I really didn't have that many options for inspirations for knitting.  If and when my Mum and I got out to the Murphy's or Woolworth's or a Mccrory's, then we got to look through some knitting magazines or free knitting leaflets that were in the store with yarn.  My Mum also got  a lot her ideas from her many years of subscribing to Workbasket Magazine.

Google images


Now, we have the internet and an endless supply of knitting and crochet patterns and we have access to internet shopping.  I don't have to leave my house.  I can just have the stuff delivered to my front door!

I finished making a sweater for my eldest grand daughter, a vest for her brother  and a sweater for their newest brother.



I saw a couple of patterns that I just had to make and I've been determined to use some yarn from my yarn stash.

Keams Baby Sweater

I found this cute little sweater on Ravelry:  Keams by Taiga Hilliard Designs

I had a skein of Vanna's Choice Yarn in Neapolitan.  I bought it on a whim, but I had no idea what to do with it, and a had some left over yarn of Vanna's Choice in Dusty Rose.  It was a fun and easy knit.  I thinking about ordering some ice cream cone buttons for it OR just using White for Vanilla, Pink for Strawberry & a brown button for Chocolate.

Currently, I'm working on a cute little "Watermelon Dress".



I'm using All-in -One Sleeveless Top for a 1-3 year old girl by marianna's lazy daisy days blog:  https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/mariannas-all-in-one-sleeveless-tops.html 

Her patterns are so wonderful and easy to follow.  I'm using size 7 needles and mystery yarns from my stash.  I'm almost done.  I just need to work 7 rows of garter stitch and weave in the ends and sew on 3 black (seeds) buttons.





2 comments:

Joansie said...

You are on a roll. What's the secret? Less sleep, more caffein? I've always liked that little watermelon dress pattern.

Deb said...

I've been stuck in the house for one reason or the other & I haven't been taking care of the grand kids as much, because my daughter is running a cosmetic business from her home. So, I've been knitting & watching Netflix.

A Couple of Little Projects