Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat

We have a new grand baby due in early July.  My daughter decided that she wanted this baby's gender to be a surprise, so I decided to knit a baby sweater in the green family.
Unblocked.  True color.


Casio camera: daylight.

(Looks Mint color, but it's Kiwi.)


Color:  Kiwi

Cardi and Hat (Photo taken with Samsung tablet) Color is true.)


I found the pattern and the yarn  at Mary Maxim.



Baby Raglan Cardi & Hat
 The pattern directions were written for the sweater to be knitted flat, the back, the 2 fronts and 2 sleeves, then sewn together.  I really dislike sewing things together, so I knitted both the sweater and the hat in the round and I like the way it tuned out.

The sweater consisted of stockinette and seed stitch which I think is perfect for a baby boy or girl.  I knitted in the 18-mon. size, because my daughter already has newborn and smaller sweaters .  The bigger size will allow for some growing room.


3 comments:

Joansie said...

Nice job, Deb. I don't mind seaming a sweater but I do not like sewing buttons or making buttonholes.

Joansie said...

I forgot to tell you that I learned how to knit using Mary Maxim patterns when I was only 12 years old and only used Mary Maxim for the first couple of years. Also, seed stitch requires patience as it takes longer to complete a row but it is well worth it.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Congratulations on Your new Grandbaby! The cardigan is adorable. Looks exactly lie the model on the booklet.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished