Friday, June 30, 2017

Dishcloths, My Secret Passion

When I resumed knitting after a long hiatus of about 10 yrs.; I wanted to pick up my knitting needles & knit, but I didn't know where or what to start.  Then came the wonderful and crazy world of the Internet.

I discovered Dishcloths patterns and cotton yarns such as Lily's Sugar and Cream and Pisgah's Peaches & Creme.

Dishcloths have been my go-to-project when I "just need to knit" and when I'm in-between projects, or when I just need to take a break from one of my current WIPs.

Currently, I working on a cardigan for my young grandson, it's all stockinette, which is nice, but it can get boring.  I'm also working on a shawl and I like it a lot, but sometimes, I just need to take a break and cast on something that I can start and finish in a day or two.

So, I give you these two dishcloths:

The Windmill Dishcloth:  http://sew-funky.blogspot.com/2008/05/windmill-dishcloth.html


This was a fun knit and I really like the stockinette blocks in between the wedges.

And, Grandmother's Favorite Neat-Edged Dishcloth by Gina Lynette

Ravelry Link:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grandmothers-favorite-neat-edged-dishcloth 



2 comments:

Joansie said...

Wow! Love the windmill dishcloth. Almost too pretty to use.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I'd love to try the Windmill dishcloth. I'm due to make a few for my Daughter since the one's I made her three years ago are worn. Thank you for the pattern.

A Couple of Little Projects