Monday, February 20, 2017

Sock Love and New Yarn Winder

It's been awhile since I've knitted socks.  It's not that I didn't want to, but I just hadn't seen a pattern and/or yarn that called to me.  

A few months ago, one of my LYS was closing up shop and I had a gift card that needed to be used before it expired, so I purchased some Addi Sock Rockets & some Regia Pairfect Cotton Sock Yarn in “Beach”.  I loved the yarn, but I just never found the right pattern to use.  I didn't want to do just plain stockinette.  In the process of fooling around the yarn, I sort of messed up the skein.  I had wrapped it around the paper band & that eventually fell off & the yarn was an undesirable mess.

I had ordered a yarn winder online from Michaels, which was a great disappointment & it was promptly returned.  My knitting friend Joan, who has a wonderful blog called, Knitting  By The Ocean, set me on the right path & I got a better yarn winder.  This thing is so much fun to use, almost as fun as knitting...almost.  So, I re-wound that skein of Regia Pairfect Cotton Sock Yarn into a cute little cake!

(Stanwood Needlecraft YBW-A Hand-Operated Yarn Ball Winder. yarn bowl, &  Regia Pairfect Cotton Sock Yarn in “Beach”)

And, here's the sock that I've started.



The pattern is called, Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder.  This pattern is everywhere & it's so fun & easy.  I don't want to put it down.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Great job of winding the yarn. Whenever my yarn gets tangled in a horrible mess, I think it could be worse as it could be a fishing line.

Love the colorway on the sock. I really need to get back to blog writing. Perhaps going to my knitting retreat this weekend will inspire me.......but first, the laptop needs to ome back from the repair shop.

Little Boy Vest