Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hottie Cover AKA Hot Water Bottle Cover

My Pastor's wife asked me, "Do you think you could knit a hottie cover for me?

I laughed and said,  "Do you mean a hot water bottle cover?"

She laughed, too & said that in the UK where they were missionaries for several years that they were called "Hotties".  My Pastor & his family like to use a hot water bottles for extra warmth on cold days & for aches & pains.

So, now that I have the Hottie cover mystery solved, I looked online for a pattern.  I found a very nice free pattern by Red Heart:  Hot Water Bottle Cover by Red Heart.  I picked this pattern, because it looked simple enough and it has cables.  Did I mention that I love working with cables?

I used 2 Cirs, size 9 to knit & I used some leftover yarn from my stash.  I think that it might be Caron's Simply Soft in off-white.



Instead of sewing up the bottom seam as per the directions in the pattern, I knitted eyelets, K2tog, YO, then knitted 1 more row.  I started knitting the drawstring by trying to knit an i-cord, but my stitches were just too wonky.  I ended up using my daughter's French Spool Knitter that she had a kid.  




I kind of liked doing that kind of mind-less knitting for a change.

I gave my Pastor the Hottie Cover this afternoon and he was really pleased with it & he said, "Wow!  It's so soft.  This is really nice.  Thank you!"

It might be awhile before I blog again.  I'm having cataract surgery in my right eye tomorrow, so I don't know I'll be approved to look at a computer screen.

 

1 comment:

glorm said...

Oh, no. Good luck with your surgery and come back when you are able to.

A Little Lavender Shrug