Friday, August 12, 2016

My Gift Card Purchases

For my birthday back in May and for Mother's Day, my eldest daughter gave me a gift card for a very nice local yarn store.  That LYS is closing up shop by mid-Sept.  So, I wanted to use the gift card before it was rendered useless.

I got some new sock yarn.  It's Regia Cotton Sock yarn and it has a real nice feel to it.  The neat feature of the yarn is the yellow strands in it.  You pull on the yarn and cut off the length of yellow, then cast on.  When starting the second sock, you repeat the process of casting on with the color after the yellow section.



And, of course, I can't ever have too many knitting needles. I selected 2-Cirs of Addi's Sock Rocket Needles, size 1.  I love these needles.


Check out these cute Panda Point Protectors!


1 comment:

Joansie said...

Cool. Had not heard about sock yarn that gives a starting point for casting on.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished