Friday, November 06, 2015

Knitting Up A Storm!

Have you missed me?  Well, I've been busy, real busy.  You know...watching the grand kids and knitting when I can and trying to get ready for the holidays....Life.

We've expecting a new grandson in Jan., so I've been knitting and knitting.  I got a lot done and it's a good thing, too, because the baby shower is next weekend.  

I finished the Soothing Ripples Baby Afghan a few weeks ago.  


The pattern is from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans (Leisure Arts #3219)  I bought my book at Michaels Arts & Crafts.  This is my go-to pattern for baby afghans.

I used Size 10 1/2 needles and Red Heart Soft Yarn in white, chocolate brown and gray.  It's really soft and pretty and just perfect for  a baby boy.

My DIL didn't want a baby sweater in the traditional baby boy blue, but she wanted either gray or brown colors, so I made a baby sweater set in gray.



The free pattern is Garter Ridge Baby Cardigan #70301AD  from Lion Brand Yarns.


This was fun and easy knit.  I think that it took me just a little over a week to do.  Next time, I'll knit it from the top down rather than from the bottom up.

Size 8 needles and  Red Heart Soft Yarn in Gray.  Clear generic buttons from my stash.

Of course, the sweater needed a cap.



Just a basic cap.  I knitted in the round on Size 8 DPNs with a,CO of 66 sts and I worked some garter ridges to match the sweater.  I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in Gray.  

And, I made some booties:  



The pattern:  North Country Cotton Socks
by Kraemer Yarn Shop 

Direct PDF link: https://web.archive.org/web/20120131190608/http://www.valleycafe.com/knitting/babysocks.pdf 

By the way, this is an excellent pattern for someone who wants to learn to knit socks on DPNs.

Here's a pic of the set.  When I have better light, I'll take a photo of the sweater set and the afghan together.


1 comment:

Joansie said...

Great job, Deb. Looks like you are having a lot of fun.