Friday, February 20, 2015

Baby Sweater-Re-Done

I have a baby shower to attend soon and I had knitted the Five Hour Baby Sweater.  (It actually took about 12 hrs. to knit.)  Some New Projects:  Five Hour Baby Sweater



Then, I decided that I wanted something a little different, so I started over and I used the Lion Brand Feather & Fan Baby Sweater Pattern as a basic pattern.  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80782AD.html

But, instead of using the Feather & Fan pattern, I used a seed stitch pattern for the trim on the neck, cuffs & the bottom of the sweater.



I love this pattern from Lion Brand, because the sleeves are knitted simultaneously as the body of the sweater.
I also knitted 2 hats.  A 2-tone one, Newborn size, and a solid hot pink in 3-6-mons. size, and some baby booties.

 Basic Baby Hat with Seed Stitch trim 3-6-months.

 

Basic Ribbed baby Hat Newborn size
 Booties with Seed Stitch
Booties with cuffs rolled down

The booties were a basic pattern.  I know that the booties look like 2 different sizes, but that's just the camera angle.  They're exactly the same size.

Here's the sweater set.

 
The mom-to-be's theme colors are hot pink & zebra.  Fun idea.

I used size 8 Addi Clicks needles for the sweater and Caron Simply Soft yarn in Watermelon.

The hats; I used size 8 Addi Click needle and the Magic Loop method to knit.  The Newborn size hat I also used the Watermelon yarn  and Loops & Threads Soft & Shiny yarn in Starry Night.

The booties were a basic sock pattern that were done on size 5 DPNs with the Watermelon yarn.  I used a little less then a skein of the Caron yarn to make the set.
 
I like to switch things up when I knit.  Circular needles for the sweater, magic loop for the hats and DPNs for the booties.

I'll provide details for the hats & booties in another blog post or you can find the info here on Ravelry:


No comments:

Little Boy Vest