Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tractor Sweater for Grandson

Last Sept., shortly after discovering that my daughter was expecting a baby boy in Feb. 2014.  I knew what I wanted to knit.  Especially, after finding out that my daughter was planning on having a Tractor/Farm as a theme for her baby shower.

I went looking for a tractor sweater pattern that I've seen before.  It called the Roo Designs Tractor Pullover sold at Webs Yarn Store online:  

http://www.yarn.com/product/webs-knitting-patterns-roo-designs-tractor-pullover/






This sweater was a lot fun and fairly easy to knit.  I used an acrylic yarn and size 7 & 8 knitting needles.  I also did 1x1 ribbing for the waistband and the neckline and the cuffs on the sleeves.

I also used wooden clothespins with springs for yarn bobbins when working the different colors for the tractor.

I finally learned how to do the Mattress Stitch for seaming garments.  It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but it was so worth it.  The Mattress Stitch made for a virtually invisible seam.

Now, I just have to wait for cooler weather to see my grandson in his tractor sweater.  I'm not in a hurry for the cold weather though.

2 comments:

glorm said...

I love it. Adorable.

Joansie said...

Nice job, Deb. As you know, I also knitted this pattern and it's a lot of fun.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished