Saturday, September 27, 2014

Autumn Toilet Paper Cover

I happen to have a very small bathroom and my towel closet is out in the hall.  There really isn't any room to store spare bathroom tissue.

I know it's old fashioned, but I like bathroom tissue covers and I wanted something Autumn themed.  I have an Autumn shower curtain....it was given to me.  So, why not go along with it.


The yarn was from my stash.  I'm not even sure of the yarn brand or the colors, but I used a little bit of dark orange and a little bit of green,  Size 7 needles and the Magic Loop Method.  A couple hours of fun knitting.  Hey....I needed a project to keep my hands busy, but I didn't want something that was too mind boggling.  It's an easy knit.

The pattern by hakucho:  Ball Band Toilet Paper Cover Pattern

2 comments:

glorm said...

I like them too. This one is pretty. After I posted about my tissue covers, elsewhere several people said that they didn't like them because of their proximity to the toilet and the possibility of splash. So, I decided to put the roll in a clear plastic bag first. (They may have had a point).

Deb said...

Thanks for the tip. My bathroom is so small that I usually keep the lid closed, esp.; when flushing & I taught my kids & hubby to do the same.

Besides, if I started putting the roll in a clear plastic bag....I think that this would just push my hubby over the edge. LOL! He doesn't even seem to like understand about the knitted cover in the first place. "Like, what's up with that?"

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat