Saturday, September 27, 2014

Another Sweater for Grand Daughter

When my grand daughter was born, I knitted her a pink  infant sweater.  Well, she obviously out grown that a long time ago.  

I came across a Top Down Vintage Baby Sweater and I really liked the cables.  The largest size is 18-mons,. but I doing an experimentI'm using a heavier yarn and size 8 needles instead of the size 3 that the pattern calls for and hopefully it will be big enough for a 2 1/2 or a 3 yr. old toddler.  We'll see.  I'll adjust the length of the back and the arm length accordingly.


3 comments:

glorm said...

Deb, do you have any top down patterns for a toddler, even if in a different yarn than you're using? You could work out the inches it should be by the gauge. That's quite a large change in needle sizes. I'm no expert, but I'd hate it to be too large (but then you could always wait until she's older LOL)

Deb said...

I looked all through Raverly & my knitting books & my late Mom's knitting magazines & I couldn't find anything to my liking. The yarn in the original pattern is a "light" yarn & size 3 needles. Paton's web recommends size 5. So, I'm using the instructions for the 18-mon. size on size 8 needles & Sport weight yarn. I figure that it'll come close to a Toddler size 3 or 4. By the time I finish the sweater, she'll be in a size 3 & she's growing so fast. It won't be bad if it's a tag bigger.

Sandy said...

How have you been? I see it's been awhile since you've blogged as well. Thought I'd kick it up a notch today and get out and visit.

Sandy's Space