Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The Gift of Alpaca Yarn!

I received a very special package in the mail today from some dear friends.  The relocated from Pennsylvania to Kentucky a little while ago and they are surrounded by all sorts of farms.  One of them being an Alpaca Farm.

They visited the farm and with some help from the lady that has the farm, they selected some Alpaca yarn for me!  I feel so honored!  My friends don't knit or crochet, but they knew that I'd enjoy it!


I've never in all of my 49 years of knitting have I ever had the experience of knitting with this kind of yarn.

I need some suggestions please for a project(s).  Email me:  Luvsknitting at gmail dot com

The reddish skein is 3 ply/Worsted, 115 yards.  (13 wpi)

The off-white is 3 ply/Sport wt., 120 yards.  (17 wpi)

Thanks Marge & Dave for the "Fiber Therapy"!

1 comment:

Joansie said...

You will absolutely love the alpaca. There was some for sale last Friday at the Farmer's Market that I resisted (for now). This farm sells "shares" so you get yarn in the mail every month. (all alpaca). As for projects.....not sure but check Ravelry possibly for a cowl.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat