Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2 Bibs into 1

My grandson is 5-mons. old and he has cut 2 teeth already and he's enjoying baby food, so he needs a bib or 2.

So, I saw this turtle bib pattern from Down Cloverlaine a while back and I was in love with it!
(Photo by Down Cloverlaine) 










































 
My late mom loved and collected turtles, so they have a very special place within my heart.

Then a friend had sent me a link to this bib:  Quick Knit Baby Bib:  http://chrisknitsinniagara.blogspot.com/2013/07/quick-knit-baby-bib.html


Photo by Chris Knits in Niagara
 I loved the concept of the knitted ends and the button.



So...this                                              












+ this.... 











I knitted the Turtle Love bib as per the directions until time to work the decreases for the neck, then I knitted 10 sts. and bound off 17 sts. and knitted the last 10 sts. as per the directions for the Quick Knit Baby Bib

I'm very pleased with the results.  I married 2 different bib patterns for 1 favorite bib.  That's why I love knitting so much.  You can take part of one pattern and another part of another pattern and create something a little different.

Details:  Naturally Caron Yarn in color 0004 (like a celery green)

USA Size 5 straight knitting needles.