Thursday, April 03, 2014

Bridal Shower Lace Kitchen Hanging Hand Towel and Matching Dishcloth

My neighbor's daughter is getting married soon and I wanted to give her something special as a bridal shower gift besides something that I ordered from her wedding registry.  This Bridal Shower Lace Kitchen Hanging Towel and matching Dishcloth is just the ticket!






Both of these patterns are available for free from Cathy of Wishing I was Knitting at the Lake.  Cathy has some fantastic patterns!  I found the dishcloth pattern by mistake.  I was actually looking at Cathy's baby sweater patterns when I came across the dishcloth which led me to the towel pattern.

                 
                 Bridal Shower Lace Kitchen Hanging Hand Towel

 I used less than 2 skeins of Lily's Sugar & Cream cotton yarn and size 7 needles. Instead of CO 36 sts. for the dishcloth, I CO 40 sts, because I like a bigger dishcloth, so my border has 5 sts. on either side instead of 3.  I adjusted the pattern accordingly.

So, after you're done reading this post, zip on over to Cathy's Wish I Was Knitting at the Lake blog and check it out.  You won't be disappointed. There's really nice baby sweater and baby blanket patterns.


 
               

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the mention- glad you like the patterns! Isn't it great to make a gift one stitch at a time?

glorm said...

Those will make a nice, useful gift.

Joansie said...

Lucky bride-to-be to receive a hand-knit gift from you.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat