Monday, March 03, 2014

Knit Things On My To-Do-List

I'm in a rut...a knitting rut that is.  I've been casting on and knitting like crazy, but I don't have anything to show for it yet.

I have a new grandson that will 3 weeks old this coming Sunday and I did knit a little blue hat for him and I'd like to knit a sweater for him, too.  I just haven't found the right pattern and the right yarn.  And, my daughter has informed me that my granddaughter is in need of a new sweater from her Nana as well.

In the mean time, I've been looking through patterns and more patterns.  My friend, Joan, of Knitting By The Ocean sent me a link to the cutest little pattern for baby boy booties.  Combat Booties, but they kind of remind me the work boots that my SIL sometimes wears.

Ravelry Linkhttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/combat-booties

I don't mean to be critical, but I found this pattern a little bit confusing.  I certainly wouldn't have any idea how to begin to design or write my own knitting pattern.  I've CO for these booties 3 times, and I think that I finally got it.  I have one bootie almost done and I'm going to CO for the second bootie right away before I forget how I did it.

Knitting these booties has reminded me how much I used to enjoy knitting socks and I haven't knitted any for a long time now.  So...I went looking at patterns.

Here's some patterns on my future to-do list:

Cats Sweet Tomato Heel

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/cats-sweet-tomato-heels


Toe-Up “Faux Heel Flap” Socks for Magic Loop ~ Fingering Weight Yarn ~

http://knitfreedom.com/announcements/fingering-weight-toe-up-heel-flap-sock


I also have a bridal shower coming up and I want to knit this for the future bride.

Bridal Shower Lace Kitchen Hanging Hand Towel
http://wishingiwasknitting.blogspot.com/2009/07/bridal-shower-lace-kitchen-hanging-hand.html


Until later......Happy Knitting!





2 comments:

Joansie said...

Deb, I read the pattern and I agree with you. There is too much rambling on with this pattern. Needs to be simple and concise and allow the more experienced knitter to make her own changes instead of trying to filter out what really is needed.

What's up with Blogger. I can't read your post while I am commenting and I'm sure I am missing something....Argh!!!

Joansie said...

Love the towel set. Will need to add that one to my list.

As for "Sweet Tomatoes"...I purchased that E-book. It was released in installations. Way too many downloads, updates, etc.

Not sure which sock I looked at in your post but the heel looks like "eye of partridge" which I really like but so easy to be distracted and mess up. However, heel is beautiful when completed.