Sunday, March 09, 2014

Combat Baby Booties

When I saw these baby booties I just had to make these for my new grandson, and so I did.


The pattern said to use size 3 needles, but I had to use size 4.  I knitted these on double pointed needle all the way through, even for the straight knitting back and forth because it was just easier.

I use Herrschners Sport Weight yarn in Light Beige and the brown yarn was something that has been in my stash.  

The pattern is on Raverly for $3.50:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/combat-booties

I found the pattern to be confusing when it came time to switch from flat knitting and knitting in the round to knit the foot.  I finally figured it out.  I think that there might be a typo where it says to work on the center 9 sts, then P 18 turn, it should say to continue working stockinette on the center 9 sts for 12 rows.  Other than that that, the pattern was OK, but I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner knitter.  My previous sock knitting experience helped me a lot.  I crocheted the shoe laces.  I did approx. 3 ft. of single crochet.

Now to CO another project!

3 comments:

glorm said...

Deb, those are so cute and look like they can't be kicked off.

glorm said...

Deb, those are so cute and look like they can't be kicked off.

Joansie said...

They look great, Deb. The softest shows up nicely in the picture. That didn't take you long.

A Couple of Little Projects