Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pink Diamonds Baby Blanket

Some friends from church had a baby girl that was born 3 1/2-mons. prematurely.  She's due to come home to her Mom & Dad soon.

I knitted a little pink crib blanket for her.


This is the true color of the pink.

 

The pattern is from 60 Quick Baby Blankets: Cute & Cuddly Knits in 220 Superwash® and 128 Superwash® from Cascade Yarns (60 Quick Knits Collection) Page 92.

The original pattern is called "Blue Diamonds", but since I was making it for a baby girl, I call it "Pink Diamonds".

I used Bernat's Softee Baby yarn in Baby Pink and US size 7 needles.  The pattern was pretty straight forward and easy.  The only thing that I would do differently with the pattern is; I would 3 more stitches on each end for the knitted border.  After I finished knitting the blanket, the the pattern said to pick up and knit some hundred stitches on each side then knit 3 rows.  What a pain.  I liked this pattern a lot and I think it's perfect for sparing little fingers and toes from getting caught in it.

I had enough yarn left over to knit a matching baby cap.



1 comment:

Joansie said...

Gorgeous, Deb. That blanket is probably my favorite pattern in the book.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat