Tuesday, October 22, 2013

New Knitting Book!

My friend Joansie, http://knittingbytheocean.blogspot.com/  told about a new knitting book that she had seen on Amazon.com.  It's called:  60 Quick Baby Blankets: Cute & Cuddly Knits in 220 Superwash® and 128 Superwash® from Cascade Yarns.

I already have 60 Quick Baby Knits: Blankets, Booties, Sweaters & More in Cascade 220 Superwash, so it would make sense that I would want 60 Quick Baby Blankets: Cute & Cuddly Knits in 220 Superwash® and 128 Superwash® from Cascade Yarns,  right?

So, I was out and about with my daughter who is expecting a baby boy in February and I've been thinking about making a sweater and/or a blanket for him.  I was just searching for the right blanket pattern for a boy besides just a blanket knitted in blue yarn.  We went to Michaels Arts & Crafts & I found this book that Joansie had mentioned! 

I just happened to have a gift card on me, so I got this book.  Oh, I LOVE this       book!  I don't know when I'll get around all of these blankets.

   
Monster Mash pg. 15


Playing Checkers pg. 18


My Fair Baby pg. 20

Night Houses (curtain) pg. 25

Monkeying Around pg. 29

Sweet Safari pg. 41

Baby Beluga pg. 61

Stripe It Rich pg. 66

Singing The Blues pg. 71

Hip To Be Square pg. 77

Googly-Eyed Gator pg. 81

Eat Play Love (Steeler colors!)  pg. 103

Picture Perfect Plaid  pg. 111

Night Owl (curtain) pg.  115

The Birds And The Bees  pg. 127

Mustachioed pg. 147

Cozy In Cables (wrap) pg. 150

Choo Choo pg.  152






Detail of Choo Choo

Detail of Choo Choo

Detail of Choo Choo                  
Shell game (Turtles)  pg. 169

My Little Robot pg. 161

              
This is just a small sample of what is this book.  I haven't decided which one to knit yet.  I like all the animal ones, of course.  I think that my SIL and daughter want me to knit the alligator, which has the most stitches of all the blankets (CO 200 sts.), and it also has purl 4 tog. to make the bobbles or bumps on the textured alligator's back.  We shall see.  I can't wait to get yarn...I just got to decide which one to make!


 



2 comments:

Joansie said...

Oh gosh! Now that I see all the patterns, especially the crocodile one, I will have to get this book also. You are enabling me. :>)

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh those patterns are really nice. I must get that book !

Camo & Pumpkin Hats