Saturday, June 01, 2013

I'm So Far Behind....I Can See My Behind

It's been a long time since I've posted.  I've been knitting off and on, but I really don't have anything to show you.  I was using my camera a lot, so much to the point that I had transferred my photos to my computer.  I thought that I had put them in the Photos folder with the dates and all, but I can't find the photos of some of the baby items that I did finish.  I think that in my haste I may have deleted the memory card/photo folder.

So, this is what's been going on since my last post in Jan.

My oldest daughter had been dealing with some serious health issues and I was trying to assist her with helping her and taking care of my 1-yr. granddaughter.

March:  Baby Dedication of my granddaughter.




April:  Granddaughter celebrated her 1st Birthday!




AprilI attended a baby shower for my great-nephew and the baby's mom.  They had a healthy baby boy at the end of April. My great-great nephew, I guess.  Boy, do I feel old! The baby shower was a dinosaur theme, so I had knitted a Dinosaur Bib.  Steggie Bib by Down Cloverlaine.  This is NOT a photo of the bib that I had made.  That photo is MIA.

Also, in April a man and his wife from my church was expecting their first baby...a girl.  I really wanted to knit a baby sweater, but I was pressed for time, so I had knitted a couple of caps.  Not-All-Purple-Hat.  Again, NOT my photo, but you get the idea.  The hat that I had knitted was pastel pink with floral yarn at the crown.  

My youngest daughter who is a Junior in High School had several things submitted in the school's art exhibit.  There was a self-portrait, a metal design of an armadillo, a ceramic teapot and a "marriage of metals" turtle keyring.

Elephant teapot

Elephant teapot

Turtle keychain
 May:  My oldest daughter had surgery to removed kidney stones, so I was at her home helping.  No time for knitting.

May was also Prom time.
(There really is a cute & nice young man under the hair.)
The month of May was also a month of Mother's Day and my birthday (same day), and my youngest daughter's birthday!  I got a new  iPod Touch, so I've been playing with that instead of knitting.  I've discovered all sorts of knitting apps to play with.

My youngest daughter is a huge fan of the BBC America program called, Dr. Who.  We hunted high and low for a bakery that could make her a Dr. Who themed cake, but we couldn't find any.  We all but gave up, then my lovely and talented daughter-by-love, became inspired and she came up for an idea for a Dr. Who cake!

Dr. Who cake with the TARDIS ! Awesome!
The DOCTOR

That's it!  From January through May folks.  I was gifted some yarn in which I'm knitting another afghan.  I know...knitting an afghan in this heat wave.  Yes, I'm nuts.  More about the afghan and the yarn later.  Thanks for stopping by and reading and looking at all these photos.

Next up....Knooking...stay tuned.



 

4 comments:

glorm said...

You have been busy. I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to see you posting again.

glorm said...

Forgot to mention what an adorable grandbaby you have!

I found your blog about toilet tissue toppers from two years ago. Yes, I remember seeing them. Maybe you and I can start a trend with them. LOL.

Sandy said...

Good grief you must feel like you're on a roller coaster and can't get off. Hope things calm down for you soon. I haven't seen a male with hair like that in years...no really in YEARS! Back in the day. I'll add you back to my blog log, thanks for singing out.

Joansie said...

Wow! I knew that you were busy but this really shows just how busy. Love all the pictures. I also like to see your other comments from folks I've sorta lost touch with because, I also, have not blogged in so very long. You inspire me!

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat