Wednesday, July 04, 2012

As Seen On TV

Last month....I bought the Perfect Meatloaf Pan, an "As Seen On TV" product.  I paid $14.99 for it & it works great...just like it's supposed to.  So, today while I was out and about and getting a few odds and ends for the 4th of July; I spotted another "As Seen On TV" product, the
Handy Gourmet's Miracle Chop. I didn't buy mine on Amazon.com.  I bought my chopper at a drug store.

I give this little handy-dandy chopper minus stars.  A thumbs down.  It is a Dud with a capital "D".  I tried chopping celery for my macaroni salad.  It made a mess, the celery got caught up into the blades.  OK....celery has strings.  So, I tried an onion.  I had big, uneven pieces of onion, so I chopped a little more.  I still had big and uneven pieces of onion and I also had onion juice and a lot of onion that was stuck in the blades.  

I can't find the receipt, so I'm out 5 bucks.  Save your money, don't buy this this gadget and if you already have this thing in your kitchen and you've got it to work, please share and let me know how you got it to work like it's supposed to.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July.


1 comment:

Joansie said...

Well, that's a bummer! Did you pay with a debit or credit card? If you showed them the charge (without a lot of other information), they might at least give you a store credit. I had one of these years ago and found it difficult on my hand.

A Couple of Little Projects