Wednesday, June 06, 2012

New Knitting Book (Baby Knits)

Sorry that I have been away for so long, but with a new grand baby in the family I'm sure that you understand.

So, there hasn't been much knitting getting accomplished, but that's OK, because babies only stay little for so long.  I'm enjoying every minute of it.....even when my DD had to stay here a few days and no one was getting any sleep.

The other day, Hubby and I went out for the day and I had some coupons for Michael's Arts  and Crafts, so off we went.  Sadly, I couldn't find any patterns books or yarn that I wanted.  There seemed to be more crochet books than knitting books and I found that to be very frustrating.  But, I wasn't about to let the coupons go to waste, I eventually found....of all things, a pattern book with baby items.

It's called 60 Quick Baby Knits from Cascade Yarns.  The more I look through this book the more I like it and I can't wait to get some 220 Superwash yarn from Cascade.  I know just the place, too.

(Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)

There's a LYS that is about a half of block from where my Mom used to live, and I don't think that I have been back there since she passed.  I think that I'm over due for a visit.

I love the sweater and color that's on the cover of this book.  There's lots of sweaters, mostly for baby girls and just 3 or 4 items for baby boys in the book.  As soon as I get done with my son's afghan I want to cast on a hooded sweater for a little guy that's due in early Sept.

I'm thinking about knitting this one:

Hooded Pullover p.134 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)

Or this:

Sporty Cardigan p. 12 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)

Sporty Cardigan-back p. 13 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)
I like this, too:

Fisherman's Pullover p. 138 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)

Need a tux?

Tiny Tux p.158 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)
And....how cute is this?

Sheep hat p.6 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)

Sheep hat -back p. 7 (Photo copyright of Sixth & Spring)
So, it looks like I'm going to be a 1-trick-pony for awhile with all the baby items in my future. 

Happy Knitting!!!

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Lots of great patterns. Some are crochet, however, right? It's difficult to pick a favorite as you selected several that I really like.

A Couple of Little Projects