Friday, February 24, 2012

A Lot Has Been Happening

 Lots of photos ahead.........

I've been away from my blog way too long, but a lot has been happening.  There was the holidays, then the passing of my sister & then there was the getting ready for my daughter's baby shower.  She's due early April with our first grandchild, a girl.  As if that wasn't enough....we've been having our kitchen cabinets and counter tops ripped out and all new installed, this included tearing out a wall between the kitchen and the dining room.  (Before and after photos in the next posting.)  Oh yeah, for good measure....my pregnant daughter and her husband started working on repairing the ceramic tiles in the bathroom.

It's been hectic around here to say the least.  If it weren't for my knitting, I probably would have gone a little crazy.

About a year and a half ago, I knitted a pink fan and feather baby sweater with matching hat and booties.  I didn't knit it for anyone in particular in mind.  I liked the sweater pattern, so I made it and the hat and the booties just happened, too.  

By the time I finished them, I was ready to move on to something else.  Well, when my daughter found out that she was having a baby girl, I CO for a pink fan and feather blanket.  I started it right after Christmas and then I didn't get a chance to work on it since late January.



Well, like I said, I was having my kitchen worked on, so I really couldn't do much of anything else while all that was going on.  One day, all I could do was sit and knit.  (Poor me, right?)  So, two days before the baby shower, I finished the blanket.  I love how it turned out.  It's from  Our Best Knit Baby Afghans (Leisure Arts #3219)

Here's the sweater with the buttons on it.  My youngest daughter had to take the photos for me before it got wrapped for the baby shower.  I wasn't home.  I was at the hall helping to set things up for the big day.

The shower went very well and the weather cooperated, so we had a wonderful turn out.  The theme was Winnie the Pooh.  Here's the tables all decorated with little honey jars as party favors.  


My daughter's sister- in- law made the cake.


We had lots of fun with the games, one of them was "pin-the-tail-0n-Eeyore".


So many gifts and diapers.......


My daughter knew about the baby blanket, but she had completely forgotten about the sweater, hat and booties.  As she was opening the gift, she exclaimed, "My Mom, make this y'al!."


Unfortunately, she was opening the gifts so fast that I didn't get a photo of her holding the sweater set up.  Someone gave her a green ball for the baby with Winnie the Pooh on it.  Of, course, they had to have some fun with it.


It was a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Yea!!!! Looks like a wonderful shower. The blanket really looks soft in the picture and of course all four items are gorgeous. Now, to have a picture of that precious baby wearing the sweater.

Your daughter and SIL make a lovely-looking couple!

hakucho said...

Such a sweet set. Aren't you lucky your first grandchild will be a girl! I see lots of baby and little girl knitting in your future :)