Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life Happens and Some Knitting

Sorry that I've been away for so long.  I feel like I've been in a whirlwind and then a fog for a while.  At one point, I didn't know if I'd ever be able to catch my breath again.
I did a little bit of knitting right after Thanksgiving.  I knitted this purple fun scarf during the first week of December.


I made it with 2 skeins of Patons Twister yarn that I had in my stash.  It's very soft and very pretty. I used size 15 needles.

I also knitted this quick and simple hat and cowl with bulky yarn and size 13 needles.

 
The pattern for the hat is an old favorite of mine. Ellen's Knit Hat (SHIPS Project) 

The cowl is a fun and quick pattern called Easy Ridged Cowl Knitting Pattern from Knitting on the Net.

So, the holidays came and went and my 2nd oldest sister was in Hospice care during this time.  It doesn't matter what's happening in life....the holidays arrive.  It all was a blur.  Then, my sister passed away at the beginning of the new year.  I've been in a fog and couldn't seem to find my way out.

A new season of American Idol started last night and I typically do a lot of knitting while watching American Idol or Dancing With The Stars.  So, I picked up my knitting needles last night and I cast on.  It felt so good to be in the "Normal" zone for a change.


There was and is something very right about knitting again.
 

3 comments:

Joansie said...

Love your selection of Feather and Fan as a pattern for the baby blanket. There's just something cuddly about that pattern.

hakucho said...

VERY sorry for your loss. Getting back into your knitting is good thing. Hopefully with time the pain will ease.

Sandy said...

I'm glad you're able to get back to doing things to help you heal and return to "normal zone". She will always be with you. You've been busy with all your projects, loving the Feather and Fan...very pretty.

A Couple of Little Projects