Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lastest Projects....More Baby Things

No surprise here.  I've been busy looking at baby patterns and looking at yarn for baby things.

I've been a big fan of Down Cloverlaine's designs for years.  Please check the sidebar on the right to see her creations.  For a long time, I've wanted to knit a baby blanket using her designs, so I spent last weekend thinking & thinking about how to go about it.  Did I want to knit individual squares and then sew them all together?  Or did I want to knit the square into vertical strips, then sew all the strips together?  Or....did I want to be adventurous like a cousin of mine, and cast on with 4 different yarns at the same time and knit the squares horizontally and try and keep 4 different patterns organized in my head while trying to knit?

Well, I did try CO with 4 different colored yarns (37 sts. x 4) and working just a garter stitch border.  That didn't work out so well, as least, it didn't work out like I thought it would in my head.  My youngest daughter was having a blast watching me work with all this tangled up spaghetti of yarn.

So, scratch that idea and go back to square 1...literally.  I CO for 1 square and I completed it then, I joined another color and started knitting another square.  So far, so good.


Side note:  I'm saving paper and ink by uploading the patterns to my Nook Color and following the patterns from the screen which I can re-size the print so that it's easier to read.

2 comments:

Anna said...

That's cute. Spoiled baby. =)

Joansie said...

I would have taken the same approach! It's going to look great.

A Couple of Little Projects