Thursday, October 20, 2011

New Book and New Yarn

A couple of weeks ago, I borrowed some knitting books from my local library.  I decided that I really liked Vintage Baby Knits by Kristen Rengren, so much that I went ahead and order a copy for my collection.  And, at $11, I really couldn't pass it up.

This book is filled with beautiful designs of sweaters and jackets and baby toys from the 1920's through the 1950's...revamped with modern day yarns.  I decided to purchase this book, because there is at least 4 or 5 things in it that I'm interested in knitting.

I'm just itching to get started, so while I was out and about today, I stoppped and got some more yarn....I just had to.


It feels like Christmas...it really does!

My youngest daughter fell in love with the baby ear flap hat that I had knitted last week and now she wants one.  So, I picked up this pretty blue yarn for the Thorpe by Kirsten Kapur.  (Ravelry link.)


I picked out this pretty white yarn with mini-dots for the Rufus Textured Cardigan. (Ravelry link.)


And, I picked up some precious pink yarn with mini dots for a baby girl sweater.  (Louise from Vintage Baby Knits.)
 

And, finally, some bright fun colors for for a new baby blanket.



I can't wait to get started.  Happy knitting.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Wow! Great selection of yarn. I like the pink for the baby sweater. Looks like you will be busy for awhile.

hakucho said...

Very exciting...have fun with all your new knitting projects!

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat