Saturday, October 08, 2011

Lavender Baby Picture Blanket-Finished

I recently gave my grand-niece a lavender sweater for a new baby girl due in Nov.



And, I had a lot of this yarn left over from another project that I had never finished.  So, I made a baby blanket to go with it. 



Sorry for all the colors being washed out.  I can't figure out how to get my camera to work at night time with the house lights, but the blanket and the sweater were knitted with Caron® Simply Soft Yarn in Lavender Blue (#2691)

I used size 7 (US) needles and I knitted all 9 of the patterns in Baby Washcloths to Knit (Leisure Arts #4352) by Melissa Bergland Burnham, but I needed 12 squares, so I also incorporated 3 different patterns that I found from the net.

Happy Hunny Bear from frogiez place

Baby Feet Cloth by Rhonda K. White

After sewing all of the squares together, I tried my hand at doing some single crochet all along the edges.  I think that it turned out pretty nice and I can't wait to gift it.



1 comment:

Joansie said...

The recipient will be one lucky person! Nice job!

A Little Lavender Shrug