Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Squidge Cloth from Leftover Yarns

I had some leftover yarn from the Eloomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth, but there wasn't enough leftover to make another dishcloth, but there was too much yarn to just throw away. 

I don't know why this is, but when you buy solid colored yarn, you get more for your money.  The Sugar 'n Cream Cotton in the solid colors will be 3 ozs., but when you buy the yarn in the variegated colors or what is called the "ombre" colors, it will only be 2 ozs.  They charge you full price for both yarns.  What's up with that?

So anyway, instead of picking up one of my many WIPs, I CO another dishcloth.  I had some yellow cotton yarn in my stash that I thought would compliment the yarn that I had leftover from the Eloomanator dishcloth, and I knitted up The Squidge Cloth.  It's a very easy and fun pattern to do. I used US size 6 needles for this cloth.  It's very squishy and textured, just right for washing dishes and wiping off the table and counters.





I didn't weave in the end of the ombre colored yarn, so you could see that I used all of about 10 inches of it.  Now, I have two Autumn themed dishcloths for my kitchen.  

4 comments:

glorm said...

Love the way the color pattern came out.

Varigated or shaded yarn has been more expensive than plain for a long time. It's probably because the process is more involved to make it.

I think Red Heart Super Yarn is 5 oz and the varigated is 4 oz (or similar numbers).

Anna said...

Very pretty! It looks squishy. =D

Joansie said...

Oh, I like this one a lot!

s said...

Too funny, the pattern I'm currently using for my Oct cloth I believe is the same one. lol Though I don't use for dishes, I use them as washcloths.

Yours turned out great. I know what you mean about the difference is size of skeins.