Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Labor Day 2011 Knitting

Usually I have some friends and family over to our house for a cook-out on Labor Day.  This year, however, our family was invited to another friend's house, which I was happy to accept.  I'm never one to show up empty-handed with food or knitting, so I took macaroni salad and some knitting needles and some cotton yarn.

During one of my shopping visits to Michael's Arts and Crafts, I had picked a couple of skeins of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn.

I knitted up a dishcloth in my favorite style and pattern.

It's called Eloomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth.  The link opens to a PDF.

I like to knit this, because the pattern is so easy, sort of mindless knitting and the pattern is so interesting at the same time.  The original pattern calls for size (US) 6 needles and to do the increases until 55 sts. are reached or an odd # of sts.  I used size (US) 8 and I did the increases until I reached 47 sts.  The color is called "Flower Power", but these colors reminded my daughter and me of the colors of Autumn.

Now, I have to get back to my many projects that need to get done soon.

1 comment:

Anna said...

What a pretty washcloth! I love that yarn!

Camo & Pumpkin Hats