Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Afghan Is Done!

I finally finished the Triple Wave Afghan for my married DD & her hubby!  I used 4 colors instead of 3, so I guess that it should be called the Quadruple Wave Afghan.  I started this Aug. 1st and I finished it Sept. 14th.  Not bad, since I also had a lot of other projects going on at the same time. 



I love this pattern. It's so quick and easy!  It's from The Little Box of Knitted Throws Cards by Martingale and Company


 Instead of using the bulky wool yarn & size 15 needles that the pattern called for, I use size 10 1/2 needles and worsted weight Thread & Loops Impeccable yarn from Michael's Arts & Crafts and I increased the # of sts. from 147 to 195.  That's what so great about the patterns in this set, if you wish to use different yarns & needle sizes, the patterns give the stitch information like the pattern is:  a multiple of 12 sts +3, etc.  (Ravelry)


I can't wait until they get it, but they're going have to wait until Christmas.

It's all wrapped!
Guess what this is going to be someday??? 



2 comments:

Joansie said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! Knitted in record time as well! Daughter won't see it on your blog?

Sandy said...

AWESOME. Glad you wrapped it already, that way you won't be tempted to give it to them early. It turned out so nicely. I love the colors, it's not masculine, or feminine, it's a good mix of both so both will enjoy. Lovely stitch. I must check out that pattern book.

A Couple of Little Projects