Saturday, August 06, 2011

I Still Love Lucy



Lucille Ball would have been 100 years old today.  I grew up watching her.  On days that I was sick and had to stay home from school, I would lay on the sofa and watch the I Love Lucy shows in the morning, I think that it was on around 10 o'clock in the morning and it was followed by the Dick Van Dyke Show.  Classic comedy.  Everyone seems to have a favorite.  My favorite was when Lucy does a commercial for Vitameatavegamin.

When I was in school, the only good thing about Mondays was Monday nights and  The Lucy Show, with Lucille Ball as Lucy and Gale Gordon as Mr. Mooney.

Happy Birthday Lucy and thanks for all the laughs and all the great memories!  Your shows are just as funny now as they were then.

Other links of interest:


Google Loves Lucy: Lucille Ball’s 100th Birthday

Happy 100th Birthday, Lucille Ball! 15 Things You Never Knew About TV's Funniest Lady

1 comment:

glorm said...

I Love Lucy is my all-time favorite show. I must have seen every ep at least five times and they are still funny. If you know what's coming next and can still laugh, then that is the test of real comedy. Nobody did it better than Lucille Ball.

Happy 100th, Lucy.