Saturday, August 06, 2011

Crappy Yarn

What to do with crappy yarn?  I bought this yarn about 6 or 7 years ago when I first started knitting socks.

I had ordered it online from a yarn and craft catalog.  It's called On Your Toes with Aloe in the color Carnation.  I'm not sure what it is about this yarn that I don't like, but I just don't like the way that it looks or feels.  

I had thoughts of using it in this pattern, because I'd only have to use a little bit of it for the toes and the cuffs.  This yarn has been kicking around in my stash forever, because I just can't bring myself to throw it out.    So, I've completed the toe and I'm about ready to switch to the white yarn, but I'm hesitant because I really don't like the way the toe looks or feels in this stuff.

Some other knitter out there has a signature that says, "Life's too short to knit with ugly yarn."  Maybe I should rip this out and start over with a nicer yarn, and finally pitch this yarn in the trash.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Maybe donate it to a worthy organization? Your Senior Center, a youth organization that teaches knitting? Even good will. My daughter uses my "crappy" yarn to make shawls for Hospice patients so it's a win-win situation.

Anna said...

I think that yarn looks pretty. =) But if you don't like it, you could donate it! I bet someone would love to use that yarn for a charity project.