Monday, July 04, 2011

Soothing Ripple Re-Do

Happy 4th of July!  We did our celebrating yesterday, because that's what worked best for our family.  It's a good thing, too. because we're having rain today.

So, we're having leftovers, including, hamburgers, chicken & pulled pork sandwiches & hotdogs and leftover anti-pasta salad, too.  This translates to a laid back day for me, which means that I can sit & knit.  Now, that's my idea of a nice holiday.

I was making lots of progress on the second Baby Soothing Ripples afghan when I had discovered a boo-boo.  As much as I tried, I couldn't ignore it. 



So, after some encouragement from a well-respected knitting friend, I ripped out about 40 some rows.  You know, it's a bit of a challenge to rip out and then pick up again a pattern that has yarn-overs it in, but I did it.  Oh, and I discovered that it's a real pain to try and pick up a stitch that is a "Knit 2 tog."  I don't know what the secret is to putting those back the right way when frogging or ripping out.  I'm glad I did it though.  I got to get back to my day off and my knitting.

4 comments:

glorm said...

Yeah, you probably feel better that you did it. I feel the same way as you about the yarnovers. It must be explained in some knitting book.

Anna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my most recent post! This is my second pregnancy and I know you should show sooner the second time around, but I feel like 6 weeks was unusually early to start showing. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the OBGYN so if I find out anything (twins? further along than 8 weeks? etc) I will blog about it tomorrow! By the way, I love your baby blanket! It's gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Love the colors. No way would I have ripped out for such a tiny mistake. No one would have seen it. Ripping out, taking the risk of not getting it back on right and knowing where you are in the pattern would have been far worse for me. Love the colors

Deb said...

Ripping out wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought that it would be. Only 2 rows make uo this pattern. One is a yarn-over row and another is a purl row.

A Couple of Little Projects