Monday, July 18, 2011

Nice Weekend

It's been a busy, but nice weekend.  I didn't get as much knitting done as I would have liked.  Sat., we had the usual family errands and busy stuff to do, then, on Sun., our oldest daughter and her husband had their marriage validated in the Byzantine Catholic Church.


It was a very nice ceremony and it was a beautiful church and a very nice time with our daughter's extended family, the in-laws.  BTW, they are the warmest and nicest people we have ever met.  They love our daughter as their own and we feel the same about our son-in-law.

In my last post, I mentioned about my e-mail being bombarded with Christmas ads.  Granted, I subscribed to received the ads and newsletters, sometimes, this is what you have to do in order to get free patterns.  But, really....

I just got this one tonight:



It says: "28 Christmas Afghans: Start Now"

Then for good measure, there's even a Christmas count down in the middle of the page.

3 comments:

glorm said...

If I were going to make an afghan for someone for Christmas I need to begin two years early. It's not that I'm that slow, but that I have my fingers in a lot of pies.

Joansie said...

Lucky guy to have you as a MIL.

I know you can knit all those 28 afghans in time for Christmas...lol.

Anna said...

Thanks for the comments! The picture of the washcloth was on the other post you commented on with the baby blanket, bonnet, and sweater. Maybe you saw it. =) I'll tell my hubby you liked his choice in yarn! And sorry I made you want ice cream. As a pregnant lady, I can't even read my own blog post without getting a horrible craving for peppermint stick ice cream, which I don't even think you can get until Christmas time!

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished