Friday, June 17, 2011

Baby Afghan in Classic Ripple

Like I promised, I'm back with some knitting content.
I had been in a knitting rut of sorts, no particular reason as to why, I just was, then, I was at the yarn store and this yarn grabbed my attention.  Bernat Baby Sport.  I bought white and a soft baby green. The blue yarn was left over from another project.  I started out with one pattern in mind, but later switched  to a classic afghan pattern.



(Copyright of Amazon.com)

I'm loving this pattern!  It's hard to believe that something so pretty is just 2 rows.  One row is the pattern row with the yo's and the other row is a purl row.  That's it and it's so easy to memorize.

I'll be back later with more details.
Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Joansie said...

Nice. Is this for a special baby?

Sandy said...

It's lovely, you could make it with garter too. I love good patterns like that. I don't have that one; but it looks like one I need to buy.
Sandy

Deb said...

Well, all babies are special, but there's a baby due in July that I made the BSJ for & this afghan has the same blue yarn incorporated in it, so I think that the new mom will get both the BSJ & the afghan.