Saturday, April 02, 2011

The Lover's Knot Afghan & Other Ideas

I have gotten reacquainted with the Lover's Knot Afghan that I had started awhile ago.  The trouble with afghans....it's hard to show any real progress from week to week.


I had an opportunity to go with another crafting buddy and shop some craft/yarn stores today.

I picked up some Vanna White baby yarn in white.  I already have baby blue yarn.  I also picked up Baby Washcloths to Knit by Leisure Arts, so I thinking about knitting up some of this squares and sewing into a baby blanket.


 


I'd also like to have another try at the Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket , but I haven't decided what to do yet.


 

3 comments:

hakucho said...

I made a queen sized Lover's Knot blanket last year and I know exactly how you are feeling right about now. I was so sick of the off white yarn by the time I was finished that I couldn't wait to work with color again ;) The good thing though, was that my DIL absolutely adores the blanket so it was worth it. Keep plugging...you'll have an heirloom once you are finished :)

Joansie said...

The afghan is absolutely beautifful! It is your "signature" piece.

Try the BSJ. I'll be interested in what you think. I'm almost don my 5th BSJ.

Sandy said...

WOW x 3, everything looks great. The ghan makes me tired thinking about how long it would take to make.
Happy Monday

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished