Friday, April 08, 2011

Afghans, My Current Obsession

I don't know about anyone else, but I've noticed that I have a certain knitting project pattern obsession.

It seems that I get into a sock knitting kick, or a hat knitting phase or a sweater kick.  Now that Spring is almost upon us....I seem to be on an afghan/blanket knitting phase.  Go figure...I couldn't be interested in knitting warm toasty blankets when it was cold outside.  


I've started working on knitting squares for a toddler blanket, but since I'm not crazy about sewing things together, I'm experimenting with knitting different squares at the same time and joining them on my knitting needle.  It's a work in progress.  





I'm also knitting the Lover's Knot Afghan; (Lion Brand Yarn, must register to view-free.)

Then, I started looking around at other afghan patterns....just couldn't help myself.

If I had nothing else to do but knit, these would be my next projects.

 


   
 


(Lion Brand Yarn, must register to veiw-free.)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Knitting squares and joining as you go...hum...that sounds different. I've done that with crocheting; but it's not my favorite method; though it is faster than sewing them together. Must see your project as it goes along, you've got me curious.

I sorta go through spells to. Went through a crochet one for awhile and am not knitting. Got 3 scarves started. lol

Sandy

A Couple of Little Projects