Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yes, Sometimes I Will Knit Anything

I'm between knitting projects.  I almost finished the white baby jacket except, for sewing up the arm seams and putting the buttons on.

I wasn't in the mood to work on my socks: 


or my green pullover sweater


or an afghan that I started a while ago.  



So, I was on the hunt for something to knit and it had to be a quick knit.

A couple of years ago, I knitted a pumpkin toilet paper cover, much to the chagrin of my kids.  



The last year, I made another one in Christmas colors, 



but since I can't use the pumpkin or the Christmas ones all year round, I decided to knit one in blue and white ...the colors in my bathroom.

Ball Band Toilet Paper Cover


View from the Top


This is the Ball Band Toilet Paper Cover .  I've made several Textured Slip Stitch Dishcloths, so I've been wanting to knit this for awhile.

The details:
Size 7 Denise Interchangeable Cir & Size 7 DPNs from my Mom's stash. (Thanks Mom.)

Blue and White yarns from my stash.

Completed in 2 evenings.


Thanks to Hakucho  for the fun knit.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

I know you too well! I knew you were going to say you cast on something new...lol.

And......you've been holding back. What's the story with that beautiful afghan?

hakucho said...

I love your TP covers....especially the blue and white ballband one :)

May I put your photo in my gallery?

happy knitting :)

Sandy said...

Sometimes you need a break from all those WIP with something you can just do and see the end to quickly.

Sometimes I play games with myself and work a half hour on each of the wip....sometimes I close my eyes and grab.

I've not made a toilet paper cover, think hubby might croak if I did. So, had to laugh when you said much to the chagrin of your kids.

Sandy

Camo & Pumpkin Hats