Thursday, March 03, 2011

Purple Toe Up Socks Completed

I had to go back and check on my blog and Raverly to see how long ago I had started these socks.  I had received a sock kit from Knit Picks for my birthday last May.


So, I started these socks last May with purple Stroll Sock Yarn.  I loved the feel of this yarn so much that I made the leg of the sock about 1 1/2 inches longer than I usually do.  I was busy with so many other projects in between that I had set these aside for awhile.



The details:  2 Cirs:  Size 2 (1 Addi Turbo & 1 Inox Needle)

I knit both socks simultaneously on their on set of needles.  It was a slow progress, but it was great to have them both done at the same time.

These were done from the toe up, which I love!  The toe was also a short-row version, which created a "cup" for my toes.  Very comfortable.

The pattern:  Waterfall Rib pg.48 of  Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.  I highly recommend this book.  There's tons of patterns.


1 comment:

Joansie said...

Beautiful socks, Deb! I remember when you received the yarn.