Saturday, January 01, 2011

1-1-11

Happy New Year!

I'm using Hubby's laptop, so that I can post this.  I haven't done too much knitting lately. Preparations for Christmas kept me away from my knitting needles.

I was going to share with you the new baby jacket that I had started to knit.  I cast on in white yarn that I had from my stash....yarn that I was going to use for the white cardigan that I was supposed to make for myself, but I discovered that the new baby's mama prefers earthtone colors.  So, I ripped all of it out & cast on with a mellow beige yarn.

I've got the traditional pork roast & sauerkraut in the slow cooker, mashed potatoes at the ready & German dumplings made & ready to boil.  So, excuse me while I look for an old movie to watch while I get back to my knitting.

Happy New Year.  Happy Knitting.  Here's to hoping that 2011 is kinder & gentler than 2010.  Miss you Mom. 

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Dinner at your house always sounds yummy. What baby sweter pattern are you using?

Camo & Pumpkin Hats