Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A Little Bit of Christmas Knitting

I usually don't try to knit gifts for Christmas giving.  I let that ship sail many years ago, I can do without the added pressure. However, a friend from church asked that I knit a couple of dishcloths for her to give as presents.  She had purchased the Christmas green cotton yarn and she said selected a heart pattern.  She had originally wanted the cloth to be done in variegated Christmas colors of red, green & white, however, picture cloths don't usually show up in variegated yarns, so I had suggested using a solid color.

Then, I had a brain storm.  I decided to try my hand at crocheting an edge on the dishcloth with the variegated Christmas yarn.  I like the way it turned out, if I do say so myself.


The particulars:  Size 6 needles.  Sugar & Cream cotton yarns.

Pattern:  Love to Knit Dishcloths  (the seed stitch heart)    

I also knitted a cap for my future son-in-law.  My DD says that he would really like something as long as it is knitted in Camo colors.

I aim to please




My DD says that he's gonna like it!

The particulars:  Red Heart Super Saver yarn.  Size 7 needles done on the magic loop.
Pattern:  free from Lion Brand.

 

1 comment:

Joansie said...

At least your friend was honest and said it was a gift for someone else. I've had folks tell me they want a cowl, select the yarn and after I've gifted it to them I never see it again probably because they gifted it to someone else.

So, I now say, "I'd be happy to show you how to knit one." Amazing how quickly the interest fades away.

Love the hat and your daughter's boyfriend will also, for sure!

A Couple of Little Projects