Friday, November 26, 2010

Same Yarn, Different Sweater

This sweater, the Tea Leaves Cardigan is history, nothing but a memory.  I ripped the entire thing out, because it just didn't fit right.  It was too small on top and way too wide on the bottom.

This......  

Did not look like this.....


But, fear not, the wonderful Cascade yarn is finding a new life and a new purpose in this Knit and Purl Easy Sampler Pullover sweater.  

The Back

I've had the pattern in my collection for a long, long time.  I just never had the right yarn to knit it and now I do.  In case you're wondering, no, ripping out the former sweater and re-using the yarn did not harm the yarn.  Cascade yarn is soft and durable.

I love this particular pattern.  Unlike the Tea Leaves Cardi, which was all stockinette, the Knit and Purl Easy Sampler has a lot of variety and knits pretty quickly.  It starts with a few rows of Garter, then switches to Diagonal, Garter, Bobbles (so much fun), Garter, Blocks, Garter and then Moss stitch.  The back of the sweater is finished and I have a few inches of the front done.

Happy Knitting & Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Weekend

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Love this pattern also, Deb. I bet it will look wonderful!

Sandy said...

Sorry you had to rip out, I really hate to do that. Always worry about the yarn. Some fairs better then others, and I've made a mental note to remember what you used. I LOVE the 2nd sweater, very interesting to have all the different stitches. Very nice.
Making my rounds today visiting from Sandy's Space to see what folks are up to.
Sandy