Sunday, November 07, 2010

My Green Tea Leaves Cardigan...UGH!!!

I finished the green Tea Leaves Cardigan, that is....all except, for working the button bands.  UGH!!!  It doesn't fit!  Even if I do add the button bands, it will not fit properly.  I'm a 38, so I selected to knit a size 40.  I very easily could have knitted a size 42 for myself.

UGH!!!  This is why I don't knit sweaters for myself.  I probably will rip out the entire thing and re-purpose the yarn, but probably not knit the same pattern.  Don't get me wrong, this sweater is lovely, but I think that it will look better on a slender body type, aka: a skinny person.  The bottom of the cardigan wants to flare out like wings making the hip area looking very wide.  Who wants that???

So....back to the drawing board......in search of yet another sweater. 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Sorry to hear it doesn't fit. How frustrating to have knitted a larger size and still not have it work. I agree with your logic though if it flares, who wants that? Love the color. I hate to rip out, always feel like that's hard on the yarn. What do you plan to do with it?

Love the cute look of fall on your blog. Very nice.

Sandy

Joansie said...

I look forward to see your new creation with the green yarn. Bet it will be nice.

And as for the holidays, I say let's postpone them for about another six months and you and I sign up for a knitting cruise somewhere where it is warm.

Kiwi Baby Sweater and Hat