Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tea Leaves Cardi-1st Sleeve is Done

Last night was Dancing With The Stars night, which means that it's  a great night for knitting, unless Giles Marini is on DWTS.  Then, all knitting must cease, so that my eyes are never pulled away from the TV.  

But alas, Giles Marini is not on DWTS, so the first sleeve is finally done on the Tea Leaves Cardigan.  Ravelry link here.


My gauge is spot on and I've been following the pattern for a size 40 sweater, which should give me a 2" ease, or so you would think....

Sorry for such a lousy in-the-mirror shot, but this is the best that I could do under the circumstances.  I'm still wondering if it's going to fit alright even after the button bands are added on?  Maybe I should have knitted this in a size 42, but then it might be too big.  There isn't much difference in the pattern until the yoke is completed.  For the back for the size 40 sweater, the back has 264 sts.  The size 42 sweater has 288 sts, an increase of 24 sts.
Now of all the sweaters that I've looked at on Ravelry, this woman's on Hello Knitty TL Cardigan is beautiful!  I can only hope that mine turns out as nice.

When I'm not working on the TL Cardi, I'm working on the Lover's Knot Afghan from Lion Brand's Free Knitting Patterns.  The goal is to have this done before July.



 

1 comment:

Joansie said...

There's noone on DWTS that can capture my attention this year like Gilles Marini.

I'm in the same boat as you with my sweater. I tried it on last night...gauge is right on and am wondering if the button bands will make a difference. It might be the incentive I need to lose weight.

Yours looks beautiful!

Little Boy Vest