Friday, September 24, 2010

Now for the Sleeve(s)

I'm making progress on my green sweater.  I've moved to the next step....the sleeves.  The sweater is knit from the top down and the sleeve sts. are on put on a holder or a piece of waste yarn, then sts. are picked up for the rest of the sleeve.


I'm using a magic loop for the sleeves and I'm using a tip from Joansie of Knitting By The Ocean, and I'm using a size 7 needle for the right hand needle & a size 6 for the left needle for faster knitting.  Now I'm used to picking up stitches for things like baby sweaters and socks, but I'm having a problem with this sleeve.  See the hole?  Grr...                                

Close up of hole
No matter what I did, I could not get it right, so I guess after I'm done, I'll have to sew the hole shut unless anyone else has other ideas out there in the knitting/blogging world?  I'm debating whether or not to rip back to the sleeve sts and try again, but I tried this several times already.


 

4 comments:

Joansie said...

Looks really nice. You'll be able to take care of that "hole" with the tail of the yarn you started the sleeve with at the underarms.

Deb said...

Aw thanks. You are so encouraging!

Sandy said...

Stitch it later, everything else looks wonderful. I often use 2 different sizes to give a different look, but with a bigger gap in the size. Though that probably wouldn't be a good idea for a sweater.

Very pretty

hakucho said...

Your sweater looks great! Lately I've had a craving to knit a sweater. I have to be careful though...I'm not always happy with the results ;)

happy knitting :)

Camo & Pumpkin Hats