Friday, September 17, 2010

Knitting Other Things

I was making a lot of progress on my green Tea Leaves Cardi, but I needed to take a little break from all the stockinette knitting.  It's been the longest 13 inches to get to before I can more onto another part of the sweater.  

So, I've been looking at patterns for quick Christmas gifts.  I didn't get too far with this endeavor, because a friend of mine has commissioned me to knit a couple of little items for her to give a Christmas gifts this year.  I guess commissioned is the proper word here.  This friend asked me what I would charge to make these items and these are things that can be completed in a day or two, so I really didn't want to charge her or give her a price.  Instead, I told her what kind of yarn to purchase & the amount and I would be more than happy to knit for her.  

I've had a lot of fun and it took me out of my knitting rut with my sweater.  Now, I wish that I could show you what I've been up to, but I'm not too sure whether or not the gift recipients will read my blog or not.  I'll take photos, but I won't be able to show and tell about them until after the holidays.


The weather has become Autumn-like today, so I threw dinner in the slow cooker, so I can get a few done around the house, then get back to knitting my sweater.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

You are so much like me....lol. "Yes, sure, I'll do it for free! ..and then I think, I should have bartered. The other person probably makes great desserts or something.

A Couple of Little Projects