Sunday, August 22, 2010

Still No Knitting or Reading

Unfortunately, I have no knitting to share.  Just before my dear Mom went into the hospital, I read about How to Knit a Love Song on Lizzie's blog.  So, I thought that I would borrow it from my local library and read it.  Well, since my Mom took ill and required around the clock care, I haven't picked my my knitting or a book or a magazine.

We're still in the process of clearing out her apt. that she had lived in for about 8 yrs.  Thank goodness that it's a 1-room efficiency apt.  I shuddered to think of all the stuff that she might have acculturated if she had another room or a bigger place.  I think that we're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. (I hope.)

I'm yearning to get back to my knitting.  I need something to soothe both my mind and my soul.  My Mom has been gone now for 10 days....and I'm starting to have flashbacks of her final days.  I have no idea what that's all about or why they're starting up now.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Oh, Deb....allow yourself at least an hour a day to knit. It will renew your energy and help you to keep moving forward.

LizzieK8 said...

I agree with Joansie...and that book will do it! Be sure to google Rachel and let her know how you liked it!

Hope your mom is better soon.

Little Boy Vest