Sunday, August 29, 2010

Making All Sorts of Progress

We're still in the process of emptying my dear Mom's apt.  Almost done.  Whew!

Several dear friends....you know who you are...suggested that I set aside 1 hour a day to feed my knitting soul.

Well, I'm making progress with both knitting & reading.


I'm just about at the point of my cardigan where I'm ready to divide sts. for the sleeves.


I've also been reading How to Knit a Love Song By Rachael Herron.  It's so good to just do some leisurely reading & it's a VERY good book.


  
Here's another treasure that I found my Mom's things.
 
  

 Do you know what these are?  Knitting needles, of course, but these are the very ones that my Mom had taught me how to knit with when I was 6 years old.  I can't believe that she still had them.  I take that back....yes, I can....she held onto everything!  Love You Mom!

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Love, love, love the sweater. It's a great shade of green.

As for the needles, I had an identical pair that I received as my first knitting needles. They came in a plaid cylinder container with some yarn.

I don't know whatever happened to mine. My mom probably still has them.

Rhonda said...

That is so cool that your mom still had those needles. I'm glad that you're getting to work on your knitting and your reading. Enjoy your "special" hour a day!

A Couple of Little Projects