Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Still Waiting, But Ready

My new yarn order for my sweater project has been shipped, but it hasn't arrived yet.

But....I'm ready.



Hubby and I had some errands to run, some serious shopping, then some fun shopping. I had 2 coupons for Michael's. One for 50% off and another for 40% off.

Well, my original Boye Needle set is almost 30 years old and was getting pretty worn. Also, the larger sizes (8-15) required an adapter so they could fasten onto the cables. The new set doesn't. Yay! Some knitters don't like this set of needles, because they complain that the needles come apart from the cables. As long as I use the "key" to tighten things up, I really haven't had this happen that often. Sadly, my Denise Set has been coming apart more & more & not staying locked into place.

So, I used my 50% off coupon and the rest of the funds from my Michael's gift card. I got this set for just under $25.




Hubby went through the line with the 40% off coupon and he got the new skein of Fisherman's white for $1.79



When the yarn gets here..........I'll be ready!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Are the Boye as nice as I've heard KnitPicks and some others are? I don't use circular needles as yet, but I have a dishcloth on a circular right now. It's hard to know what to spend money on when you don't know one thing from another.

My challenge at the moment is an intarsia dishcloth, which needs to be done on straights.

The way my girls go through socks, I'd probably better learn how to knit those too!

Joansie said...

Nice needles/crayons :>) So, if I don't hear from you for a few days, I'll know your yarn order has arrived. Enjoy!